Mazuri Ferret Diet
Ferrets are natural carnivores, and require the right combination of nutrients and vitamins to thrive. Mazuri Ferret Diet is carefully balanced to provide your ferret with everything they need. This ferret food comes in a highly palatable extruded pellet that ferrets love. It’s high nutrient density means your ferret will have higher energy, and will also benefit from a lower stool volume. Less than 15% of this ferret food contains starches, which is ideal for a ferret’s delicate digestion. Available in a 25 lb bag – Special order, please allow 2-4 weeks to arrive.
Mazuri Ferret Diet is high in omega 3 fatty acids. It also contains natural antioxidants, and important urine acidifiers. This ferret food is well balanced for ferrets of all life stages. It contains 38% protein, 20% fat, and 4% fiber. Always ensure your pet also has access to clean drinking water.
Why We Recommend Mazuri Ferret Diet:
- A complete and well balanced ferret food
- Rich in Omega 3’s and other important nutrients
- Comes in an extruded dry pellet
- This ferret food is also highly palatable
- Feed management is dependent upon the feeding purpose or developmental stage.
- Young Growing Animals – Feed young animals free-choice. Allow animals to clean feeders every two to three days to ensure the presence of fresh feed. Growing ferrets will eat approximately 7% of body weight.
- Adult Animals (non-breeding) – Maintain adult animals in good body condition. Adults will generally consume 3-4% of body weight per day.
- Breeder Animals – Breeder animals (male and female) should be maintained in good/lean condition. During the pre-breeding period, care must be taken to ensure the animals are not depositing excessive amounts of fat. Some feed restriction may be necessary. Adults will eat approximately 5.5 to 6% of body weight (1.5 to 2.5 ounces/day depending on size/weight).
- Gestation/Lactation – During the last third of the gestation period females will increase feed consumption. Care is necessary to prevent animals from becoming fat. Some feed restriction may be necessary. At whelping time, caked udders may occur. This condition can be reduced by limiting females feedings. After the litter is one week old, feed can be offered free-choice.
- Keep fresh, clean water available at all times.
Mazuri Ferret Food Ingredients:
Poultry by-product meal,ground brown rice, dehulled soybean meal, porcine animal fat preserved with BHA, spray dried animal blood cells, poultry fat preserved with BHA, glutamic acid, dried beet pulp, soy protein concentrate, soybean oil, dried brewer’s yeast, phosphoric acid, , calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, fish meal, fish oil, salt, calcium propionate (a preservative), taurine, dl-methionine, choline chloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product dehydrated, preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), Lactobacillus casei fermentation product dehydrated, rosemary extract, thiamine mononitrate, Bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product dehydrated, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, Enterococcus faecium fermentation product dehydrated, dried yucca shidigera extract, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), biotin, citric acid, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), folic acid, zinc oxide, vitamin B12 supplement, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, nicotinic acid, ferrous sulfate, calcium iodate, basic copper chloride, l-lysine, manganous oxide, ferrous carbonate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.